corner corner Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
by J. K. Rowling | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by arugh48187 of Edina, Minnesota USA on 10/27/2016

status (set by arugh48187): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by arugh48187 from Edina, Minnesota USA on Thursday, October 27, 2016

I recently relocated back to Minnesota. Too many books and too few bookshelves. This one is one I HAD to have when I was living in India. I went to the book store on release day and stood in line. Unfortunately, because it is a British edition, it doesn't match the rest. I am loony like that. It is a candidate for travel. Hope the next reader enjoys.

Synopsis:
Readers beware. The brilliant, breathtaking conclusion to J.K. Rowling's spellbinding series is not for the faint of heart--such revelations, battles, and betrayals await in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows that no fan will make it to the end unscathed. Luckily, Rowling has prepped loyal readers for the end of her series by doling out increasingly dark and dangerous tales of magic and mystery, shot through with lessons about honor and contempt, love and loss, and right and wrong. Fear not, you will find no spoilers in our review--to tell the plot would ruin the journey, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is an odyssey the likes of which Rowling's fans have not yet seen, and are not likely to forget. But we would be remiss if we did not offer one small suggestion before you embark on your final adventure with Harry--bring plenty of tissues.
The heart of Book 7 is a hero's mission--not just in Harry's quest for the Horcruxes, but in his journey from boy to man--and Harry faces more danger than that found in all six books combined, from the direct threat of the Death Eaters and you-know-who, to the subtle perils of losing faith in himself. Attentive readers would do well to remember Dumbledore's warning about making the choice between "what is right and what is easy," and know that Rowling applies the same difficult principle to the conclusion of her series. While fans will find the answers to hotly speculated questions about Dumbledore, Snape, and you-know-who, it is a testament to Rowling's skill as a storyteller that even the most astute and careful reader will be taken by surprise.

Journal Entry 2 by arugh48187 at Riverview Cafe 38th St. & 42nd Ave in Minneapolis, Minnesota USA on Thursday, October 27, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (10/27/2016 UTC) at Riverview Cafe 38th St. & 42nd Ave in Minneapolis, Minnesota USA

Bon voyage! Happy reading!