corner corner How My Cat Made Me a Better Man

How My Cat Made Me a Better Man
by Jeremy Feig | Humor
Registered by melydia of Centreville, Virginia USA on 10/8/2016

status (set by 6of8): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by melydia from Centreville, Virginia USA on Saturday, October 08, 2016

Won in an online contest. Registered in Centreville, Virginia, USA.

Journal Entry 2 by melydia at Centreville, Virginia USA on Wednesday, November 01, 2017

I think, perhaps, I was expecting too much. This is a semi-humorous collection of anecdotes and advice from the point of view of a man who owns a cat. The advice is pretty wishy-washy: it's totally okay to do that unless it's not. It's okay to be alone but don't do it too much. Be mindful of grooming but don't go overboard. Be yourself unless you're a terrible person. Stand your ground but not all the time. That kind of stuff. And the jokes are the same ones cat owners have been making for eons. It's kind of cute, but honestly it probably would have gotten a wider and more appreciative audience as a blog post garnished generously with memes.

Journal Entry 3 by melydia at Birdie's Cafe - 233 E. Main St. in Westminster, Maryland USA on Thursday, November 02, 2017

Released 1 mo ago (11/4/2017 UTC) at Birdie's Cafe - 233 E. Main St. in Westminster, Maryland USA

Taking to the BCinDC meetup at Birdie's in Westminster, Maryland.
If no one claims it, it'll go on the OBCZ shelves there.

Welcome to BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 4 by wing6of8wing at Westminster, Maryland USA on Saturday, November 04, 2017

I saw the title of this book and it went in my bag.

Journal Entry 5 by wing6of8wing at -- Mail or by hand - rings, RABCK, meetings, District of Columbia USA on Thursday, November 09, 2017

Released 1 mo ago (11/9/2017 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand - rings, RABCK, meetings, District of Columbia USA

I agree with much of Melydia's analysis of this book. It did not make me a better man. I did enjoy the kitty stories. I passed it on to Todd at work, who could stand to be a better man (he refers to his cat Loki as "the anti-Kitty") and likes kitty stories.