corner corner The Nature of the Beast: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel

The Nature of the Beast: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel
by Louise Penny | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 10/28/2016

status (set by GoryDetails): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Friday, October 28, 2016

I got this good-condition ex-library hardcover from the ongoing book sale at the public library in Milford, NH. It follows The Long Way Home, but takes some unexpected turns - and in fact the whole book felt as if it didn't quite fit with the rest of the series. (I read it via audiobook when it first came out.)

Interestingly enough, some of the more unbelievable bits of the story are based on fact; it's mainly the locating of the immense Macguffin so close to Three Pines that troubles me, especially as it never gets mentioned in the next book. Sure, some of it was top-secret, but it feels as if the whole thing's an out-of-canon story {wry grin}.

[I do love the preceding books, especially How the Light Gets In!]

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Goodwill Conservation Land in Barrington, New Hampshire USA on Monday, October 31, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (10/31/2016 UTC) at Goodwill Conservation Land in Barrington, New Hampshire USA

I left this book, bagged against the elements, on a tree trunk near the trailhead at around 3; hope the finder enjoys it!