corner corner Fates and Furies: A Novel

Fates and Furies: A Novel
by Lauren Groff | Audiobooks
Registered by sing-song of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 9/25/2016

status (set by megami-no-ushi): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by sing-song from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, September 25, 2016

Fates and Furies is a literary masterpiece that defies expectation. A dazzling examination of a marriage, it is also a portrait of creative partnership written by one of the best writers of her generation.

Every story has two sides. Every relationship has two perspectives. And sometimes, it turns out, the key to a great marriage is not its truths but its secrets. At the core of this rich, expansive, layered novel, Lauren Groff presents the story of one such marriage over the course of twenty-four years.

At age twenty-two, Lotto and Mathilde are tall, glamorous, madly in love, and destined for greatness. A decade later, their marriage is still the envy of their friends, but with an electric thrill we understand that things are even more complicated and remarkable than they have seemed. With stunning revelations and multiple threads, and in prose that is vibrantly alive and original, Groff delivers a deeply satisfying novel about love, art, creativity, and power that is unlike anything that has come before it. Profound, surprising, propulsive, and emotionally riveting, it stirs both the mind and the heart.
This book was recommended to me by my massage therapist who had read this for a book club and she said everyone had really liked the book and they had a long discussion about it. I found it a fascinating read. The characters are complex and seeing their stories and how that impacted their life together was interesting.

Journal Entry 2 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, October 08, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (10/8/2016 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I am bringing this book to share with my fellow BookCrossers at the October meetup.

Journal Entry 3 by wingcrossingguardmawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, October 09, 2016

Safely in my hands...

Journal Entry 4 by wingcrossingguardmawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, October 17, 2017

So this is just not for me. I have given it 163 pages and then flipped ahead but just can’t get into it.

Journal Entry 5 by wingcrossingguardmawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 13, 2018

Released 1 wk ago (1/13/2018 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I am taking this book to our monthly bookcrossers meet up at Cravings - the second Saturday of every month- to pass on to the next reader.

Journal Entry 6 by wingmegami-no-ushiwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 13, 2018

Picked up at the January meeting!