corner corner To The Bright Edge Of The World

To The Bright Edge Of The World
by Eowyn Ivey | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingamberCwing of Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on 9/23/2016

status (set by jeniwren): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingamberCwing from Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Friday, September 23, 2016

In the winter of 1885, Lieutenant Colonel Allen Forrester sets out with his men on an expedition into the newly acquired territory of Alaska. Their objective: to travel up the ferocious Wolverine River, mapping the interior and gathering information on the region's potentially dangerous native tribes. With a young and newly pregnant wife at home, Forrester is anxious to complete the journey with all possible speed and return to her. But once the crew passes beyond the edge of the known world, there's no telling what awaits them.

Journal Entry 2 by wingamberCwing at Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Monday, January 08, 2018

Wow!!

A very special book. The beautiful writing, clever plot, and fascinating characters weave a satisfying spell that kept me enthralled all the way through. I was sorry to see the book come to an end.

Journal Entry 3 by wingamberCwing at Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Monday, January 08, 2018

Released 6 mos ago (1/8/2018 UTC) at Darwin, Northern Territory Australia

You've been tagged!

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Journal Entry 4 by wingjeniwrenwing at Greigs Flat, New South Wales Australia on Friday, January 19, 2018

Sounds perfect and I am definitely going to read this when I have holidays in February. Thanks amberC for tagging me with this wishlisted book.