corner corner Caught Dead in Philadelphia

Caught Dead in Philadelphia
by Gillian Roberts | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingeponine38wing of Winchester, Massachusetts USA on 8/22/2016

status (set by pam99): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingeponine38wing from Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Monday, August 22, 2016

Good mystery, first in the Amanda Pepper series. I'd read the third installment (I'd rather be in Philadelphia) first, which I usually don't do - I prefer to read series in order.

Intriguing plot and interesting characters. Kept me turning the pages.

Amazon:
Anthony Award winner for Best First Mystery Novel -- the debut of the Philadelphia-set Amanda Pepper
series.
Amanda Pepper, English teacher at Philly Prep, does not hate her life. But when a fellow teacher who's engaged to a senate candidate, begs for rest on Amanda's couch, then dies, things could be better. Then the police suspect her of murder, she begins her own investigation, and ends by teaching a certain blue-eyed cop a thing or two....

Journal Entry 2 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Monday, August 22, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (8/22/2016 UTC) at Winchester, Massachusetts USA

Traveling to the winner of the Global Sweepstakes. Very, very late. I apologize. Hope you like it anyway!

Journal Entry 3 by wingsedna5213wing at Charlottenburg, Berlin Germany on Saturday, August 27, 2016

The book arrived safely in Berlin! That was super fast! Thanks so much eponine38! The book looks like an entertaining read and I love the card of Philadelphia and the colouring pages (I really need to de-stress!!!). Thanks as well for the BC supplies, they are always useful!

***
Good read with an unexpected killer.

Journal Entry 4 by wingsedna5213wing at Charlottenburg, Berlin Germany on Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (1/31/2017 UTC) at Charlottenburg, Berlin Germany

The book is travelling to another winner of the Global sweepstake. Congratulations and enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by pam99 at Ochiltree, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, February 04, 2017

arrived safely today, thanks!