corner corner Zombie Baseball Beatdown

Zombie Baseball Beatdown
by Paolo Bacigalupi | Children's Books
Registered by melydia of Centreville, Virginia USA on 8/11/2016

status (set by FortHuntLFL): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by melydia from Centreville, Virginia USA on Thursday, August 11, 2016

Found this at the dollar store. Looks cute. Registered in Centreville, Virginia, USA.

Journal Entry 2 by melydia at Centreville, Virginia USA on Saturday, June 24, 2017

It begins with strange smells from the meatpacking plant while middle schoolers Rabi, Joe, and Miguel are playing baseball. And as you might have guessed from the title, there are zombies. It's a fun little zombie romp, but it also has a lot to say about race and immigration and economics. And it doesn't try to guilt/scare you into becoming a vegetarian, which I appreciated. I like books that can say Big Things about Big Topics without making feel like I'm being lectured to. It still has plenty of funny moments, and no dull ones. Definitely a worthwhile read, especially for younger readers.

Journal Entry 3 by melydia at Starbucks (Frontier Drive) in Springfield, Virginia USA on Sunday, June 25, 2017

Released 5 mos ago (6/25/2017 UTC) at Starbucks (Frontier Drive) in Springfield, Virginia USA

Taking to today's BCinDC meetup. If no one claims it, it'll go on the OBCZ shelf.

Welcome to BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 4 by FortHuntLFL at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Saturday, August 05, 2017

Picked up at the last BC in DC meetup for the LFL.