corner corner Reading in Bed: Personal Essays on the Glories of Reading

Reading in Bed: Personal Essays on the Glories of Reading
by Steven Gilbar | Nonfiction
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 8/20/2016

status (set by MCSNH): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, August 20, 2016

I found this good-condition hardcover at a local library's ongoing book sale, and couldn't resist. Reading in bed is a favorite activity of mine, even if it does often lead to my staying up way too late, "just until I finish this chapter/section/book"... {wry grin}.

It contains essays from a variety of authors, on different aspects of reading - with, amusingly, some significant differences of opinion, such as the camp that insists one should only read time-tested classics vs. the one that thinks newer books may be worth more attention. Then there's the "read in bed" vs. the "never read in bed" viewpoints - each of them have their strong points, but I doubt I'll ever break my read-in-bed habit...

Interesting and thought-provoking.

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Commercial St. (see notes for details) in Manchester, New Hampshire USA on Friday, April 21, 2017

Released 6 mos ago (4/21/2017 UTC) at Commercial St. (see notes for details) in Manchester, New Hampshire USA

I plan to leave this book, bagged against the elements, somewhere near the WMUR offices on South Commercial St. at around 1:30 or so. Hope the finder enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for International BookCrossing Day! ***

Journal Entry 3 by MCSNH at Manchester, New Hampshire USA on Sunday, April 23, 2017

I was happy to come across this book in a tree! This prompted me to sign up for Book Crossing - thanks for leaving it!

I've read one chapter so far and am looking forward to more before passing it along. Right off the bat it looks like one that I may pick up for myself after passing it along...