corner corner Myth-Ion Improbable

Myth-Ion Improbable
by Robert Asprin | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by superman of Ann Arbor, Michigan USA on 3/3/2004

status (set by diablocova): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by superman from Ann Arbor, Michigan USA on Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Pre-numbered label used for registration.

Journal Entry 2 by superman from Ann Arbor, Michigan USA on Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Sending to bX'er melydia in Virginia. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by wingmelydiawing from Centreville, Virginia USA on Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Wow, it's been a long time since I last caught up with Skeeve and the gang. Got this one in the mail from superman. Thanks so much!

Journal Entry 4 by wingmelydiawing from Centreville, Virginia USA on Tuesday, April 04, 2006

It's been at least a decade since I last read any of the Mythadventures books. Luckily, I've read the series at least twice (probably three times) so reading this book was like getting reacquainted with old friends, especially since it takes place between books three and four (there are twelve total). Here's the plot in a nutshell: our hero Skeeve, his grumpy mentor Aahz, and their lovely ex-assassin friend Tananda find a treasure map that leads them to a dimension of vegetarian cowboys who fear something that comes out at night. It's a silly and somewhat convoluted story, as all the Myth books are, but a bit more disposable by virtue of having been written out of order. I can't fault Asprin for this; he admits in the Author's Note that this was written as a way of easing back into the characters after a seven-year hiatus. In short, I would not recommend this book on its own (though it does a fine job of filling in quite a bit of the backstory), but definitely as part of the series. The Myth books remain some of my favorite fantasy comedies of all time, and it was nice to finally revisit them.

Journal Entry 5 by wingmelydiawing from Centreville, Virginia USA on Thursday, April 20, 2006

This book is part of my Roadtrip Release, 21-24 April 2006. I am driving from Virginia to Illinois and back, dropping books along the way. I will post updated release information when I get home.

Edit: left this in the brochure box at the Lost Gardens at Allerton Park in Monticello, Illinois, at about 1pm on Sunday, 25 April 2006. Happily, it was found before I got to make release notes for it! :D

Journal Entry 6 by diablocova from De Land, Illinois USA on Monday, April 24, 2006

found at allerton park