corner corner Stones in Water

Stones in Water
by Donna Jo Napoli | Teens
Registered by winglauraloo29wing of Edmonton, Alberta Canada on 6/2/2016

status (set by bookwormess): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Thursday, June 02, 2016

When Roberto sneaks off to see a movie in his Italian village, German soldiers raid the theater and pack them onto a train bound for a work camp. Roberto and his best friend, Samuele, vow to stick together. But Samuele has a terrible secret which, if discovered, could get them both killed.

Journal Entry 2 by winglauraloo29wing at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Sunday, March 12, 2017

A good read. I may have wanted a map or something showing me how far Roberto was. I felt like either I had to know more about this time period or to not worry too much. I could feel lost along with Roberto.

Journal Entry 3 by winglauraloo29wing at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Saturday, August 26, 2017

Released 9 mos ago (8/30/2017 UTC) at Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Sending as part of the Birthday Group. Happy birthday!

Journal Entry 4 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Friday, November 10, 2017

Thank you so much for sending this book such a long way. It arrived today, about 2.5 months after entering the postal system.

Update: I enjoyed this story, which told a different aspect of the war I didn't know much about. At times the main character was frustratingly naive/stupid, but he was young.

Journal Entry 5 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at Twickenham, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, January 26, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (1/26/2018 UTC) at Twickenham, Greater London United Kingdom

Happy birthday

Journal Entry 6 by wingbookwormesswing at Kotka, Kymenlaakso / Kymmenedalen Finland on Tuesday, February 06, 2018

Went to post office to pick up a larger package and what do you know, it was the earliest birthday present ever. :D

Thank you so much, this book sounds really interesting. I visited Cracow and Auschwitz last summer, I'm really curious where this book takes me as the horrors happened in so many places.