corner corner Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Jonathan Livingston Seagull
by Richard Bach | Literature & Fiction
Registered by quietorchid of Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on 6/9/2016

status (set by quietorchid): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by quietorchid from Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Thursday, June 09, 2016

I hadn't read this since it first came out.

Anyway, with 40 years experience I guess I can understand why this book was so important. Back then, Buddhism, or any other religion/philosophy was so counter-culture that it was to be avoided at all costs. But what harm could a book on Seagulls be? Especially with lots and lots of pictures? And so the concept of a Bodhisatva trickled into American consciousness. Nice book.

Fly far little book!

Journal Entry 2 by quietorchid at -- Wild, somewhere in St Paul in Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Friday, June 17, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (6/17/2016 UTC) at -- Wild, somewhere in St Paul in Saint Paul, Minnesota USA

Released in remembrance of the good folks in Orlando. Because we all need to strive to be ourselves.

Welcome to Bookcrossing, where Books roam freely! I hope you enjoy the book, and leave a journal entry so I can see where the book ended up. You can remain anonymous if you'd like, or join and follow the book's travels throughout the world. The site is free, secure, and non-spamming. Take a look around, and then go read!