corner corner As the Crow Flies

As the Crow Flies
by Véronique Tadjo | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Torgin of Mülheim an der Ruhr, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on 5/29/2016

status (set by holle77): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Torgin from Mülheim an der Ruhr, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, May 29, 2016

From the back: An illicit love affair that turns sour is the starting point in this lyrical and moving exploration of the human heart. Véronique Tadjo weaves together a rich tapestry of voices to tell stories of parting and return, suffering, healing and desire.
Like a bird in flight, the reader travels across a borderless landscape composed of tales of everyday existence, news reports, allegories and ancestral myths, becoming aware in the course of the journey of the interconnection of individual lives. A new conciousness of the links between self and other, today's society and that of future generations is revealed as the key to creating a more just world and more understandig and fulfilling relationships, for "love is a story that we never stop telling".

Journal Entry 2 by Torgin at Mülheim an der Ruhr, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, May 29, 2016

To be honest: I'm not convinced by this collection of short ... not even sure what to call them ... tellings and paragraphs. There might be some sort of connection between them but if so, it's only a loose one. And at least I didn't get what the author wanted to show me by these ...

Journal Entry 3 by wingholle77wing at Meschede, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Arrived, thanks!