corner corner The Secret Life of Lobsters: How Fishermen and Scientists Are Unraveling the Mysteries of Our Favorite Crustacean

Journal Entry 1 by Derwoodsman from Derwood, Maryland USA on Sunday, May 22, 2016

This is a marvelous study of the American Lobster: its history, life cycle, the people who catch it, and the cultural and economic impact of it. Published in 2001, there were questions as to whether the lobster industry was on the verge of collapse from environmental change and overfishing. I'll let you research what happened between 2001 and 2015.
I picked up this hardcover copy from the Little Free Library (No. 9217) on Aster Blvd. in Rockville, MD.

Journal Entry 2 by Derwoodsman at Rockville, Maryland USA on Sunday, September 24, 2017

Released 12 mos ago (9/24/2017 UTC) at Rockville, Maryland USA

Released at the DC Metro Bookcrossers' meet-up at Noodles and Company, Congressional Plaza, Rockville, MD.

Journal Entry 3 by wingSqnutZipswing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Monday, September 25, 2017

Picked from pile of books brought to the BCinDC monthly meet-up today.

Journal Entry 4 by wingSqnutZipswing at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Friday, August 17, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (8/17/2018 UTC) at Silver Spring, Maryland USA

Releasing this book to "6of8", friend and fellow Bookcrosser to add to the History of Things Book Box that she is curator of in memory of MaryZ.

To the person who finds this book.....
Keep it or release it, read it or not, but please make a journal entry to let me know it's been found. Keep it, pass it on to a friend or release it into the wild.... let the journey continue.....

If you are new to BookCrossing, welcome! You can remain anonymous or join BookCrossing, it's free and loads of fun.

Journal Entry 5 by wingSqnutZipswing at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Friday, August 17, 2018

I enjoyed reading this book. Well written and very interesting. An intimate book about the etiology of the Maine lobster, the people of Maine who harvest them and the scientists who study them.

Journal Entry 6 by wing6of8wing at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Friday, August 17, 2018

Zippy brought this book to our lunch date today. I will set it aside for the Biography of Things book box.