corner corner A Quiver Full of Arrows

A Quiver Full of Arrows
by Jeffrey Archer | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 8/15/2016

status (set by mrsmontague): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, August 15, 2016

Two friends fall under the spell of a New York beauty - with quite unexpected results. An offhand remark is taken seriously by a Chinese sculptor, and a British diplomat becomes the owner of a priceless work of art. An insurance claims advisor has a most surprising encounter on the train home to Sevenoaks. The openings to three of this marvellous collection of stories that ends with a hauntingly-written, atmospheric account of two undergraduates at Oxford in the thirties, a tale of bitter rivalry that ends in a memorable love story.

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, October 27, 2016

A very mixed bag here! While I particularly enjoyed the ending to "Broken Routine", the rest of the tales were just so-so & as to "The Coup" & "The Century"....well, I just didn't get them!

Journal Entry 3 by wingPlum-crazywing at The Samaritans Charity Shop in Elland, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Released 12 mos ago (12/14/2016 UTC) at The Samaritans Charity Shop in Elland, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

Congratulations - You've found a travelling book !

Enjoy your book!

(If you decide to join Bookcrossing, please consider putting me,
Plum-crazy, as your referring member - thanks!)

Journal Entry 4 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, June 03, 2017

Ooops....I've bought my own release back - duh!!! Oh well, will move it on (again) soon.....

Journal Entry 5 by wingPlum-crazywing at to help stock a Telephone Box Exchange, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, October 05, 2017

Released 2 mos ago (10/6/2017 UTC) at to help stock a Telephone Box Exchange, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

On it's way to mrsmontague to help stock a new telephone box exchange.

Journal Entry 6 by wingmrsmontaguewing at Kilburn, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Gratefully received from Plum for a new book exchange I'm running. Many thanks!

Journal Entry 7 by wingmrsmontaguewing at Horsley Book Exchange Phonebox in Horsley, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Released 2 mos ago (10/10/2017 UTC) at Horsley Book Exchange Phonebox in Horsley, Derbyshire United Kingdom

Welcome to BookCrossing - the act of releasing and catching books and spreading our love of reading! It's addictive, fun and spam free!
- If you can, please register when and where you found this book. Using the BCID number from the BookCrossing label inside the front cover, log on to the site, then follow the instructions to make a brief journal entry. The person who released the book will be happy to know it's in safe hands!
- You can then read it if you wish. We'd be most grateful if you could leave it somewhere else for someone else to find afterwards.
You don't have to sign up to BookCrossing- your entry will just appear as an 'Anonymous Finder'. If you do join: please consider putting me, mrsmontague, as your referring member. Enjoy!