corner corner Tales from the Old World

Tales from the Old World
by Kevin Crossley-Holland | Literature & Fiction
Registered by slipperbunny of Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 4/14/2016

status (set by Annelis): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by slipperbunny from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, April 14, 2016

"Ten tales that sweep ancient Europe, from Iceland to England and from Greece to Denmark, giving a taste of the myth and folk-tale of them all. This book is bursting with fantastic retellings of old favorites such as "The Pied Piper of Hamelin" and "Arthur the King." It is alive with grippingly told, unfamiliar stories such as "Godfather Death" and "The Lady of Stavoren." There's a tale in here to thrill, delight, or chill every reader."

I think I bought this from somewhere but I have no idea where. This has been in my tbr-pile two or three years so no wonder I don't remember where this came from. Lately I haven't been able to decide what I feel like reading so I took the shortest book at the top of my tbr-pile and this was a good choice. There were some stories which I hadn't heard and some classics that I enjoyed as much as the new ones. I think I have to find more books from this author.

Journal Entry 2 by slipperbunny at Kirjasto 10 in Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, December 29, 2016

Released 5 mos ago (12/30/2016 UTC) at Kirjasto 10 in Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Taking this to a meetup and if no one wants this then it goes to the recycle shelf in Library 10.

Journal Entry 3 by toukokuu at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, December 30, 2016

Thank you for bringing the book, I took it home with me.

Journal Entry 4 by toukokuu at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, February 22, 2017

A quick read and interesting enough, a nice collection of stories from different parts of Europe. Most of them I didn't know or remember.

Journal Entry 5 by toukokuu at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, March 20, 2017

Released 3 mos ago (3/20/2017 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Moving on...

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Thank you very much for the book!