corner corner Gooseberries

Gooseberries
by Chekov Anton | Literature & Fiction
Registered by HomerLibrary of Мoсква (Moscow), Moscow (Federal City) Russia on 4/2/2016

status (set by Brookler): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by HomerLibrary from Мoсква (Moscow), Moscow (Federal City) Russia on Saturday, April 02, 2016

My favorite author. There are only three stories. He has written about 700. But best of all - the play "The Cherry Orchard."

Journal Entry 2 by HomerLibrary at Мoсква (Moscow), Moscow (Federal City) Russia on Saturday, April 02, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (4/2/2016 UTC) at Мoсква (Moscow), Moscow (Federal City) Russia

Big Random Bookring play!

Journal Entry 3 by Brookler at Powell River, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, May 05, 2016

Wow! I just received this sweet little book all the way from Russia! I don't think I've read any of Chekhov yet. Thanks very much!

Journal Entry 4 by Brookler at Powell River, British Columbia Canada on Monday, January 15, 2018

I enjoyed these three thought-provoking stories. They all deal with the human condition and end without resolution. Chekhov's writing is amazing, and he has the ability to really feel and express the discomfort and suffering of specific types of people. He believably portrays the feelings of a lonely social incompetent, of a woman trapped in a loveless marriage, and of a selfish delusionist. The stories are certainly not inspiring; in fact they are somewhat depressing.

Journal Entry 5 by Brookler at Powell River, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, January 18, 2018

On its way back to Russia as part of the Big Random Bookring.