corner corner Moll Flanders

Moll Flanders
by Daniel Defoe | Literature & Fiction
Registered by quietorchid of Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on 2/28/2016

status (set by quietorchid): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by quietorchid from Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Sunday, February 28, 2016

Daniel Defoe's novel about a transported woman was banned in the US under the Comstock act of 1873 as 'obscene' and 'indecent'.
For more information about banned books go to the American Library Association page.

Seventeenth century novel was racy in its time. Basically we follow Moll Flanders as she tries to make a life for herself.
different cover.

Journal Entry 2 by quietorchid at Dunn Bros Coffee @ E Lake & W River in Minneapolis, Minnesota USA on Sunday, September 25, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (9/25/2016 UTC) at Dunn Bros Coffee @ E Lake & W River in Minneapolis, Minnesota USA

Left on the shelf to find a new reader for 2016 Banned Books Week!

Welcome to Bookcrossing, where Books roam freely! I hope you enjoy the book, and leave a journal entry so I can see where the book ended up. You can remain anonymous if you'd like, or join and follow the book's travels throughout the world. The site is free, secure, and non-spamming. Take a look around, and then go read!