corner corner Death in Cyprus: A Mystery

Death in Cyprus: A Mystery
by M. M. Kaye | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingeponine38wing of Winchester, Massachusetts USA on 2/16/2016

status (set by tabby-cat-owner): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingeponine38wing from Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, February 16, 2016

To be honest, I started this last fall (with a view to sending it as part of a holiday package) and couldn't get into it. I think it was due to the busy time of year and my mind being distracted by any number of things. I started it again after the holidays and really enjoyed it.

This is a mystery that takes more concentration than many of today's "cozies" (which I also love) but it is worth the effort it takes - or took me anyway - to keep the characters and their relationship to each other straight. The setting during the British colonial rule was interesting, but the characters' treatment of the Cypriots is sometimes cringe-worthy. PC it is not! Kaye's descriptions of the landscape made me feel as if I was actually there, and I wondered how much it has changed since. And all of this precedes the Turkish occupation of Northern Cyprus, still an issue today.

So this mystery is rich on several levels. Recommended!

Journal Entry 2 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (2/16/2016 UTC) at Winchester, Massachusetts USA

On its way to tabby-cat-owner via the US/Canada wishlist-tag game. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by tabby-cat-owner at Phoenix, Arizona USA on Wednesday, February 24, 2016

I received this in the mail from eponine38 of Winchester, Massachusetts who tagged me with it.

Thank you for this book, eponine38.