corner corner Return to Tradd Street

Return to Tradd Street
by Karen White | Women's Fiction
Registered by kiki66 of Gauting, Bayern Germany on 2/12/2016

status (set by CathrineB): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by kiki66 from Gauting, Bayern Germany on Friday, February 12, 2016

No 4 ...

Facing her future as a single mother, psychic Realtor Melanie Middleton is determined to be strong and leave her past with writer Jack Trenholm behind her. But history has a tendency of catching up with Melanie, whether she likes it or not.…

Melanie is only going through the motions of living since refusing Jack’s marriage proposal. She misses him desperately, but her broken heart is the least of her problems. Despite an insistence that she can raise their child alone, Melanie is completely unprepared for motherhood, and she struggles to complete renovations on her house on Tradd Street before the baby arrives.

When Melanie is roused one night by the sound of a ghostly infant crying, she chooses to ignore it. She simply does not have the energy to deal with one more crisis. That is, until the remains of a newborn buried in an old christening gown are found hidden in the foundation of her house.

As the hauntings on Tradd Street slowly become more violent, Melanie decides to find out what caused the baby’s untimely death, uncovering the love, loss, and betrayal that color the house’s history—and threaten her claim of ownership. But can she seek Jack’s help without risking her heart? For in revealing the secrets of the past, Melanie also awakens the malevolent presence that has tried to keep the truth hidden for decades.…

*****************************************************************

Well, I must say that this was the book I liked least.
It seemed a bit too "made up", forced.
But as it was another Tradd Street book - I still enjoyed it ;-)

Journal Entry 2 by kiki66 at Gauting, Bayern Germany on Wednesday, October 26, 2016

on its way!

Ring:

1. penelopewanders (CH)
2. CathrineB (N)
3. Tsjara (NL)
4. appletreen (UK/int)
5. Icila (F/ int?))

please ask the following whether they want to continue reading:

6. LilyKlip (D/int)
7. florence71 (F/EU)
8. bluewuzl (D/?)
9. bookworm-lady (Spain)

Journal Entry 3 by kiki66 at Gauting, Bayern Germany on Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (2/15/2017 UTC) at Gauting, Bayern Germany

and here we are - finally the last book on its way...

Hope you enjoy it!

Journal Entry 4 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Saturday, February 18, 2017

This has arrived in the Swiss Alps where I am delighted to read it while recovering from recent surgery. I'll probably read it pretty soon (there are a few other rings here), and hope I can get it parcelled and posted quickly thereafter. Thanks so much for sending!

Journal Entry 5 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Sunday, February 26, 2017

Although I would probably have a tough time with a real life Mellie, I do enjoy this series very much. It's good that Jack is so crazy about her because she is pretty annoying and her long term denial gets a big much at times. This was a fun read again, so I'm glad the spiral continued. I wonder if there are any more to this series... if so, count me in!
Thanks so much for making these all available!
I'm about to PM the next in line for her address...

Journal Entry 6 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Monday, February 27, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (2/27/2017 UTC) at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland

The advantage of a quick response - I was still in the midst of parcelling books to send when I got the answer to my request for an address - so I could carry on and parcel this one too. It left the Swiss Alps this morning, headed for Norway. Enjoy!
(Is there a 5th???)

Journal Entry 7 by wingCathrineBwing at Hønefoss, Buskerud fylke Norway on Wednesday, March 08, 2017

My pile of half read books on my nightstand is getting unnormally high now. What happened with reading one book at a time? Ooops. Anyway, will get this book read first.

Journal Entry 8 by wingCathrineBwing at Hønefoss, Buskerud fylke Norway on Saturday, March 25, 2017

I've finished reading this book now. I still found Melanie annoying, both when it came to the bahaviour towards Jack, and the detailed planning when she was pregnant!

EDITED TO ADD:
Tsjara asked to be skipped due to the number of books to read and send out. Maybe interested later?
I've contacted appletreen.

Journal Entry 9 by wingCathrineBwing at Hønefoss, Buskerud fylke Norway on Monday, April 10, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (4/10/2017 UTC) at Hønefoss, Buskerud fylke Norway

I finally remembered to send this book. I've brought it with me several times, but forgot to send it.