corner corner American Terroir: Savoring the Flavors of Our Woods, Waters, and Fields

Hop into a good book!

American Terroir: Savoring the Flavors of Our Woods, Waters, and Fields
by Rowan Jacobsen | Cooking, Food & Wine
Registered by wingjudygreeneyeswing of San Diego, California USA on 2/10/2018

status (set by etherea): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingjudygreeneyeswing from San Diego, California USA on Saturday, February 10, 2018

"Nothing links person to person like the frequent passage from hand to hand of a good book."

This book title caught my attention recently because I only just learned the word "terroir" a few years back when reading the Southern Reach Trilogy
by Jeff VanderMeer (sci-fi). This book has all kinds of interesting information about what makes coffee, wine, honey, etc. from different areas taste like it does. Pretty interesting!

A wandering book -- the karma of literature!

Journal Entry 2 by wingjudygreeneyeswing at San Diego, California USA on Saturday, February 10, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (2/10/2018 UTC) at San Diego, California USA

Woohoo! I'm travelling by mail to visit etherea in Arkansas as a Valentines surprise package! I hope she enjoys me!!

You have in your hands a gift. This book is yours to do with as you wish...read it, share it, keep it, pass it on. Thanks for finding this book! I hope you enjoy reading it. Please leave a journal entry and let me know where this book has traveled! It can be done anonymously if you wish :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingethereawing at Little Rock, Arkansas USA on Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Hurray! I loved the whole box of goodies! Thanks for this wishlist book!
I learned the word terroir from my wine geek husband. I'm excited to see it applied to honey, cheese and other items. He may need to read this one too.