corner corner Miss Julie

Miss Julie
by August Strindberg | Plays & Scripts
Registered by ETMadrid of London, Greater London United Kingdom on 1/28/2016

status (set by ETMadrid): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by ETMadrid from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, January 28, 2016

I picked this up at a charity shop sale in Peckham a couple of days ago. I am not going to read it but it is going to be put on in the Thames Tunnel Shaft, Rotherhithe, by Bird and starring Alice Bird. At the moment you can see details here: http://bit.ly/1SLW4zX I'll release it soon and will tuck a flyer inside the front cover. I hope its finder will go and see the show! It runs 11th-14th February and is part of a new arts festival in Rotherhithe.

Journal Entry 2 by ETMadrid at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, February 14, 2016

Decided to read this after all...

Goodness the author's preface reveals he was extremely anti-feminist and misogynist... The play shows the class divide and explores the workings of a brief relationship. Rather bleak... Strindberg was part of the Naturalist movement. The character of Miss Julie certainly is a theatrical challenge and I look forward to seeing my neighbour performing her.

Off to see the play tonight.

Journal Entry 3 by ETMadrid at Rotherhithe Overground Station in Rotherhithe, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, February 14, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (2/14/2016 UTC) at Rotherhithe Overground Station in Rotherhithe, Greater London United Kingdom

Will leave this in the Leaf & Bean Café in the station at about 1.30pm