corner corner Moon over Tangier

Moon over Tangier
by Janice Law | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by ealasaidmae of New Orleans, Louisiana USA on 1/22/2016

status (set by ealasaidmae): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by ealasaidmae from New Orleans, Louisiana USA on Friday, January 22, 2016

from the cover:

"For Francis, life with David grows more dangerous by the day. When sober, he is charming, but when he drinks, he is violent, slashing Francis's paintings and threatening to gut the painter, too. When David leaves London for Morocco, Francis cannot help but follow this man whom he loves but can no longer trust. In Tangier, they find a thriving community of expats who guzzle champagne while revolutionaries gather in the desert.

After Francis identifies a friend's Picasso as a fake, the police call him in to investigate the forger's demise. If he refuses, they will throw David in jail, where inmates and the DTs will kill him within the week. Between the bustle of the city and the emptiness of the desert, Francis finds that, in Morocco, even the fakes can be worth killing for."

Journal Entry 2 by ealasaidmae at New Orleans, Louisiana USA on Saturday, February 06, 2016

OK, so the supporting characters in these books are aooarently barely supporting characters. These are definitely solo jaunts for Francis Bacon. It feels a bit like Janice Law just pulls in the people around him as catalysts when she needs something to happen, rather than as people in their own right. Still a fun ride but I wish there was more development.

Journal Entry 3 by ealasaidmae at Bayou St. John in New Orleans, Louisiana USA on Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Released 3 wks ago (4/4/2017 UTC) at Bayou St. John in New Orleans, Louisiana USA

Park at Esplanade and Crete

Welcome to Bookcrossing! I've registered this book here so that I can keep up on where it goes, who reads it, and what they thought of it. Please leave a quick journal entry so I know it's safe with you, then read and enjoy! When you're through, pass the book along to someone else who will appreciate it. We can all track this book's journey and the lives it touches forever more!

Thank You!