corner corner The Prisoner of the Riviera

The Prisoner of the Riviera
by Janice Law | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by ealasaidmae of New Orleans, Louisiana USA on 1/22/2016

status (set by ealasaidmae): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by ealasaidmae from New Orleans, Louisiana USA on Friday, January 22, 2016

from the cover:

"Peace has come to England and the blackout is over, but the gloom has yet to lift from London. One night, leaving a gambling club where he has run up a considerable tab, the young painter Francis Bacon, accompanied by his lover, sees a man gunned down in the street. They do what they can to stanch the flow of blood, but the Frenchman dies in the hospital. Soon afterward, Bacon receives a strange offer from the club owner: He will erase Bacon's debts if the painter delivers a package to the dead man's widow, Madame Renard, on the Riviera. What gambler could resist a trip to Monte Carlo?

After handing over the parcel, Bacon learns that Madame Renard is dead - and the striking young woman who accepted the delivery is an imposter. The Riviera may be lovely, but in 1945, its sun-drenched beaches can be just as dark as the back alleys of London."

Journal Entry 2 by ealasaidmae at New Orleans, Louisiana USA on Saturday, February 06, 2016

Poor Francis. How does he get mixed up in these things? I'm a little disappointed that the Nan and Arnold characters are absent in this book. It would be nice to have them around again.

Journal Entry 3 by ealasaidmae at Bayou St. John in New Orleans, Louisiana USA on Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Released 7 mos ago (4/4/2017 UTC) at Bayou St. John in New Orleans, Louisiana USA

Park at Esplanade and Crete

Welcome to Bookcrossing! I've registered this book here so that I can keep up on where it goes, who reads it, and what they thought of it. Please leave a quick journal entry so I know it's safe with you, then read and enjoy! When you're through, pass the book along to someone else who will appreciate it. We can all track this book's journey and the lives it touches forever more!

Thank You!