corner corner Devil-Devil

Devil-Devil
by Graeme W. Kent | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by bluezwuzl of Altdorf (Niederbayern), Bayern Germany on 1/12/2016

status (set by Urfin): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by bluezwuzl from Altdorf (Niederbayern), Bayern Germany on Tuesday, January 12, 2016

"It's 1960 and Sergeant Ben Kella of the Solomon Islands police force is only a few days into a routine patrol of the most beautiful yet dangerous and primitive areas of the South Pacific. Yet, already, he has been cursed by a magic man, stumbled across evidence of a cult uprising and failed to find an American anthropologist who has been scouring the mountainous jungle in search of a priceless erotic icon.
Mission educated yet an 'aofia' - the traditional peacemaker of the islands - Kella is forced to link up with Sister Conchita, an independent and rebellious young American nun, in order to track down the perpetrators of a series of bizarre murders..."
Set in a very exotic environment, and half a century ago, it made me wonder, how life is like nowadays on those far away islands... There is one thing, I know for sure: bookcrossing has reached the islands and there even is a bookcrosser registered there... ;-)

Journal Entry 2 by bluezwuzl at Altdorf (Niederbayern), Bayern Germany on Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Will be sent on a roundabout for books set in Oceania. List of participants:
- book-a-billy
- bluephönix
- andrasthe
- urfin
- back to me

Journal Entry 3 by book-a-billy at -- Irgendwo in Bayern, Bayern Germany on Wednesday, January 27, 2016

The book has arrived today - thanks a lot. It is the one I would have received on/by 1st April, if 83dea had not been skipped for the English book.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A wonderful detective story that was exciting until the end. Fortunately, I had read "Tavua, der weiße Kannibale" before which - although set on a different island and thus observing a different tribe - helped me a bit to understand the culture in which this story is set. Thank you very much, bluezwuzl, for contributing this book.
As I have finished it very early and the other two books I have to send on weigh so much that I will pack a little parcel, this one may travel early as well - it is due for June 1st.

Journal Entry 4 by book-a-billy at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Bayern Germany on Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (3/15/2016 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Bayern Germany

Das Buch hat sich aus portotechnischen Gründen schon heute mit Tavua auf den Weg zu bluephönix gemacht. Da ich ja auch fand, dass es gut ist, wenn man es direkt nach Tavua liest, passt das ja auch ganz gut.

Journal Entry 5 by bluephönix at Kiel, Schleswig-Holstein Germany on Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Toll!!!ein Englisch verfasst es Buch,das kommt mir gerade recht!Danke für das Zusenden!

Journal Entry 6 by 83dea at Solingen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Thursday, December 08, 2016

Kam heute gut hier an, danke

Journal Entry 7 by 83dea at Solingen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Monday, December 12, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (12/12/2016 UTC) at Solingen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

Das Buch reist weiter zu Urfin.

Gute Reise und viele spannende Lesestunden :-)

Journal Entry 8 by Urfin at Friedrichshain, Berlin Germany on Sunday, December 18, 2016

It's here! Thank you. It probably has to wait till next year... sorry about that.