corner corner An Incomplete Revenge: A Maisie Dobbs Novel

An Incomplete Revenge: A Maisie Dobbs Novel
by Jacqueline Winspear | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by starrdust of Cookstown, Ontario Canada on 1/1/2016

status (set by starrdust): permanent collection

Journal Entry 1 by starrdust from Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Friday, January 01, 2016

Fifth book in the Maisie Dobbs series. From the back cover:"With the country in the grip of economic malaise, Maisie Dobbs is relieved to accept an apparently straightforward assignment to investigate a potential land purchase. Her inquiries take her to a picturesque village in Kent during the hop-picking season, but beneath its pastoral surface she finds evidence of something amiss. Mysterious fires erupt in the village with alarming regularity, and a series of petty crimes suggest a darker criminal element at work. A peculiar secrecy shrouds the village, and ultimately Maisie must draw on her finely honed skills of detection to solve one of her most intriguing cases yet."

Journal Entry 2 by starrdust at Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Thursday, September 22, 2016

Starting to read this book today, the next in the series of Maisie Dobbs.

Journal Entry 3 by starrdust at Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Thursday, October 06, 2016

Finished reading this book today and it reinforces for me what a wonderfully talented and sensitive writer Jacqueline Winspear is. The character of Maisie Dobbs continues to develop and strengthen with each book in this series, and the themes throughout the story line challenge the reader to explore their own set of values and beliefs.

Journal Entry 4 by starrdust at Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Sunday, June 17, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (6/17/2018 UTC) at Cookstown, Ontario Canada

Passing this book on to my sister, Maranlin. The next book in the Maisie Dobbs series. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by wingMaranlinwing at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Sunday, June 17, 2018

This book has been loaned to me by my sister, starrdust. I am enjoying this series and look forward to reading this 5th book. Thank you for sharing!

Journal Entry 6 by wingMaranlinwing at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Monday, July 09, 2018

This is the fifth book in the Maisie Dobbs series, and I think the plots get increasingly more interesting with each book. We continue to learn new things about Maisie as she goes about solving her cases, and the character of her assistant, Billy, also evolves. The plots are always interesting and sometimes so complex that it is difficult to imagine how they will ever be resolved. The complexity of some of the situations are, however, easy to follow. Things do come together and discovering the answers to all the questions keeps the reader's interest right up to the last page.

Journal Entry 7 by wingMaranlinwing at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Friday, July 27, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (7/28/2018 UTC) at Burlington, Ontario Canada

Returning this book to my sister, starrdust. Thank you for sharing!

Journal Entry 8 by starrdust at Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Saturday, July 28, 2018

Received this book back from my sister, Maranlin. So glad that you enjoyed this one.