corner corner Christmas on Jane Street: A True Story

Christmas on Jane Street: A True Story
by Billy Romp, Wanda Urbanska | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by wingeponine38wing of Winchester, Massachusetts USA on 12/24/2015

status (set by eponine38): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingeponine38wing from Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, December 24, 2015

A (mostly) true story telling of the Romp family's years selling Christmas trees on a street corner in New York City, living in a trailer they've brought from their home in Vermont. They get to know the people in the neighborhood and are welcomed into their homes to avail themselves of the amenities the trailer lacks (such as a shower). I found it very enjoyable, thoughy Romp himself had some strong feelings about money and its uses.

Sometimes we should just bask in the atmosphere of a book, but google draws us (me anyway) in...and what we find isn't always that pleasant. After the publication of this book, many things changed for the Romp family.
--------------------------
Amazon:
The warm, wonderful, real-life tale of the family that brings the Christmas spirit to life on a street corner in Manhattan.

Every holiday season for nearly twenty years, Billy Romp, his wife, and their three children have spent nearly a month living in a tiny camper and selling Christmas trees on Jane Street in New York City. They arrive from Vermont the day after Thanksgiving and leave just in time to make it home for Christmas morning—and for a few weeks they transform a corner of the Big Apple into a Frank Capra-esque small town alive with heartwarming holiday spirit.

Christmas on Jane Street is about the transformative power of love—love of parent and child, of merchant and customer, of stranger and neighbor. The ideal Christmas story, it is about the lasting and profound difference that one person can make to a family and one family can make to a community.

A lovely, lovingly illustrated little gem of a book, this delightful tenth anniversary edition of a beloved Christmas classic tells the poignant, inspiring story of an unforgettable family and the warm, wide circle of friends who have welcomed them to the neighborhood.

Journal Entry 2 by wingeponine38wing at Little Free Library, 71 Holland St. in Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Friday, December 25, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (12/24/2015 UTC) at Little Free Library, 71 Holland St. in Winchester, Massachusetts USA

Left at about 3:00. Hope someone will enjoy it!

Released for December Christmas Challenge hosted by NancyNova.
Released for What's In a Name challenge hosted by DragonGoddess.

DEAR FINDER,

Welcome to BookCrossing!

I hope you enjoy the book!