corner corner Picnics in the Park: Moveable Feasts for Dining Alfresco

Picnics in the Park: Moveable Feasts for Dining Alfresco
by Connie McCole | Cooking, Food & Wine
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 4/16/2016

status (set by GoryDetails): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, April 16, 2016

I found this fair-condition hardcover at the annual yard sale to benefit the Humane Society of Greater Nashua. I chose it because it fits a current release challenge, but I enjoyed reading it very much, and even jotted down a few of the recipes.

It's a collection of themed menus for picnics in parks around the world, with foods to match the locale, and with lovely pictures to illustrate each scene. From London's Hyde Park to California's Sonoma Valley, from Boston Common to Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen, it's a very enticing book indeed! (Among the recipes I want to try: the "Edo Roasted Eggplant" from Japan's Imperial Palace, and the "Pattypan Squash Wagon Wheels" from the Montana-themed "Big Sky" picnic.)

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Crowne Plaza in Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (4/20/2016 UTC) at Crowne Plaza in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in the little gazebo behind the hotel, overlooking the duck pond, at around 2; hope the finder enjoys it!

*** Released as part of the 2016 April Showers/May Flowers release challenge, for the poppies on the cover. ***