corner corner The Old Man and The Sea

The Old Man and The Sea
by Ernest Hemingway | Literature & Fiction
Registered by winggrubsneergwing of Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on 1/18/2016

status (set by grubsneerg): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winggrubsneergwing from Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, January 18, 2016

Picked up at the Greensburg Hempfield Area Library Used Book Sale, Greensburg, Pa., November 2015.

Journal Entry 2 by winggrubsneergwing at Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, March 05, 2016

I would have liked to read this book while laying in a hammock on a sun-soaked beach with a mojito in one hand, just to test the authenticity of the setting, you understand. Even without the beach and the hammock and the mojito, I felt like I was out on that boat with the old man, in a life-and-death struggle with the sea. I'm glad I finally got around to reading this Pulitzer-Prize-winning classic.

Journal Entry 3 by winggrubsneergwing at Little Free Library #1670, Twin Lakes Expansion in Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, March 26, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (3/26/2016 UTC) at Little Free Library #1670, Twin Lakes Expansion in Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA

Left in the Little Free Library shortly before 2 p.m.

Congratulations--you caught a book!

Take your time reading the book, and after you finish, please make a journal entry to record your thoughts about it. This book is now yours, and you can keep it if you choose, though we would love for you to share it. If you pass it along, please make a release note to let others know where you left it.