corner corner Yarn to Go (A Yarn Retreat Mystery)

Yarn to Go (A Yarn Retreat Mystery)
by Betty Hechtman | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingbethiebwing of Hopkinsville, Kentucky USA on 11/11/2015

status (set by eponine38): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingbethiebwing from Hopkinsville, Kentucky USA on Wednesday, November 11, 2015

This is being sent to fulfill a wish. Happy Birthday!

Journal Entry 2 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Thank you for this wishlist book, bethieb! I enjoy almost every cozy mystery I read, and it will be fun to start this series.

Journal Entry 3 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Monday, May 09, 2016

Quite a fun read. I liked Casey, the title character, and felt compassion for her as she tries to get over the loss of her aunt a short while before. Her aunt hosted knitting retreats at a nearby hotel, and Casey, though she's never picked up knitting needles in her life nor heard the word "skein", decides to host an upcoming one her aunt had already planned, rather than cancel and refund all the participants' money. She wants to honor her aunt in that way. Fortunately there is a "master teacher" so Casey is really more of a retreat coordinator.

A loud, brash, open-mouth-insert-foot type of participant, Edie, is murdered on the first night. There are plenty of people with motive - just about everyone in the group, as well as the extremely unpleasant hotel manager, Kevin. Who killed Edie? Was it the mysterious man she has been meeting up with at each retreat? Did her husband find out? And were the "accidents" on earlier retreats really that?

This kept me turning the pages, for sure. The only downside (and it may just be me) was that the sense of time seemed off; too much happening in just one weekend. A minor point.

Thanks again, bethieb, for introducing me to this series!

Journal Entry 4 by wingeponine38wing at Panera Bread, 299 Harvard St. in Brookline, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, May 21, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (5/21/2016 UTC) at Panera Bread, 299 Harvard St. in Brookline, Massachusetts USA

Coming along to the meetup. Hope it finds a new reader!

Released for Keep Them Moving Challenge hosted by booklady331.

Released for May 2016 Ultimate Challenge hosted by jumpingin. This month's theme is Arts & Crafts.

DEAR FINDER,

Welcome to BookCrossing!

I hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 5 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Monday, June 06, 2016

Taken back from the meetup and left in the Little Free Library in Avery Square, Needham, MA on 6/5/16.