corner corner Outlander (Starz Tie-in Edition): A Novel

Outlander (Starz Tie-in Edition): A Novel
by Diana Gabaldon | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingNancyNovawing of Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on 11/5/2015

status (set by grubsneerg): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingNancyNovawing from Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, November 05, 2015

from the TLC book sale.

Notes from my copy:
LMIC Book club May 08 - Time travel genre - Claire is a WWII nurse on a second honeymoon in Scotland with Frank, her husband, a scholarly historian and genealogist. She touches a boulder in an ancient stone circle and is transported back to 1743, an "outlander" - Sassenach (English) in war torn Scotland. Many twists and turns. She weds Jamie Fraser, a wanted Scot, under an arranged marriage. She experiences a passion so fierce that she's torn between returning to Frank and her own time & staying with Jamie. At the end of this book, she has chosen to remain in the 1700's with Jamie.

Journal Entry 2 by wingNancyNovawing at ~ RABCK ~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Saturday, March 12, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (3/12/2016 UTC) at ~ RABCK ~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

A bonus wishlist book. I didn't realize the match until I double checked your availables. Enjoy.

Journal Entry 3 by winggrubsneergwing at Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, March 17, 2016

Received safe and sound! Thank you so much for the wishlist book, NancyNova!

Journal Entry 4 by winggrubsneergwing at Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, April 02, 2016

Niece No. 2 recommended this book to me, and as her reading tastes are similar to mine, I added it to my wishlist. I love time travel. I love the twisty, tricky, potential ramifications of being somewhere you don't belong with knowledge you shouldn't have. Diana Gabaldon did a nice job of creating characters and settings for both post-WWII Scotland and the Highlands in the 18th century. It's not all kilts and romps in the heather—there are smart, philosophical struggles and discussions, too, and that might set it a wee bit above your typical historical fictional romance, ye ken.

Journal Entry 5 by winggrubsneergwing at Little Free Library #1670, Twin Lakes Expansion in Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, April 10, 2016

Released 11 mos ago (4/10/2016 UTC) at Little Free Library #1670, Twin Lakes Expansion in Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA

Left in the Little Free Library shortly before 3 p.m.

Congratulations--you caught a book!

Take your time reading the book, and after you finish, please make a journal entry to record your thoughts about it. This book is now yours, and you can keep it if you choose, though we would love for you to share it. If you pass it along, please make a release note to let others know where you left it.