corner corner IN THE DARK

IN THE DARK
by Mark Billingham | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 1/20/2017

status (set by Yellow900): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, January 20, 2017

Picked this up as I LOVE Mark Billngham's books & any chance I get to spread the word I will! I originally read this back in November 2009, heres what I thought:

The final twist is brilliantly clever & shocking says the front cover....the biggest shock to me was that it wasn't a DI Tom Thorne tale as I was expecting!

Thorne or no Thorne, this is a gripping tale that will have you hooked. Helen Weeks is an intelligent & likeable character (I'd like to see her featured again in future books) who is trying to discover the truth behind a tragic accident, which appears to have been an act of teenage gang violence. For me, the gang is made far more chilling by the fact they are so young....a well written & accomplished tale.

The only (slight) critcism I'd have is the ending wasn't perhaps the surprise it should have been as the front cover leads you to expect the unexpected!

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at B.R.I.C.C. in Ballantrae, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, July 23, 2017

Released 4 mos ago (7/23/2017 UTC) at B.R.I.C.C. in Ballantrae, Scotland United Kingdom

Released as part of the 2017 TV SERIES BOOKS Challenge (#8)

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

Congratulations - You've found a travelling book !

Enjoy your book!

(If you decide to join Bookcrossing, please consider putting me,
Plum-crazy, as your referring member - thanks!)

Journal Entry 3 by Yellow900 at Ayr, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, September 01, 2017

Another great Mark Billingham book, though not a Tom Thorne novel. Good characters but not such a surprising twist as expected. Very enjoyable.