corner corner A Reliable Wife

A Reliable Wife
by Robert Goolrick | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingkiptrixwing of Summerville, South Carolina USA on 10/21/2015

status (set by faramir10): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingkiptrixwing from Summerville, South Carolina USA on Wednesday, October 21, 2015

I really didn't like this book very much The writing was adequate, and the premise sounded interesting, but the actual reading was rather tedious. If it wasn't for book group, I may have set it aside, but I plowed through. I felt that some of the dialogue was unbelievable, and at least one time, I wasn't sure who was saying what. Ralph, the main character, was preoccupied with sex, since he had been denied it for so long, and it became tiresome. The author did paint a vivid picture of the hard life these people led in the early 1900s in Wisconsin, but for me it wasn't enough.

Journal Entry 2 by wingkiptrixwing at Charleston, South Carolina USA on Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Released 1 yr ago (10/21/2015 UTC) at Charleston, South Carolina USA

Taken by BrownWhiteTan at the Red Orchid restaurant at our mini-reunion recently.
Great to see you!

Journal Entry 3 by brownwhitetan at Charleston, South Carolina USA on Friday, December 25, 2015

Got this from Kiptrix. It was a pretty gritty read and as she noted, sex was a continuous theme in the book, like everyone was driven by it and obsessed with it. Hoping someone else enjoys this a little more.

Journal Entry 4 by faramir10 at Slaton, Texas USA on Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Received from brownwhitetan. Thank you. I started reading this a few years ago and couldn't finish it. I agree with kiptrix that it wasn't very good.

Journal Entry 5 by faramir10 at Slaton Public Library in Slaton, Texas USA on Thursday, October 12, 2017

Released 6 days ago (10/12/2017 UTC) at Slaton Public Library in Slaton, Texas USA

Placed on the take one/leave one bookshelf.