corner corner The Empty Throne (The Last Kingdom Series, Book 8)

The Empty Throne (The Last Kingdom Series, Book 8)
by Bernard Cornwell | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Feodora of Braunschweig, Niedersachsen Germany on 9/28/2015

status (set by Brookler): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Feodora from Braunschweig, Niedersachsen Germany on Monday, September 28, 2015

The Warrior Chronicles, on the making of England and the fate of his great hero, Uhtred of Bebbanburg. In the battle for power, there can be only one ruler.The ruler of Mercia is dying, leaving no apparent heir. His wife is a born leader, but no woman has ever ruled over an English kingdom. And she is without her greatest warrior and champion, Uhtred of Bebbanburg. An empty throne leaves the kingdom exposed to rival West Saxons and to the Vikings, who are on a bloody rampage once more. A hero is needed, a hero who has been in battle all his life, who can destroy the double threat to Mercia. A hero who will ultimately decide the fate of a nation?

Journal Entry 2 by Feodora at Braunschweig, Niedersachsen Germany on Monday, September 28, 2015

I have read several books of Cornwell, and I dont think this is one of the better ones.
It took me a long time to "come into the story", In total it was a well plotted story, interesting characters.

Journal Entry 3 by Feodora at Braunschweig, Niedersachsen Germany on Monday, September 28, 2015

It shall travel as an international bookring. I will try to sort it a bit for countries and continents instead of "first-come-first-serve".

1. ULRK
2. gaboyd
3. Brookler ship within North America
.....

Journal Entry 4 by wingULRKwing at București, Wallachia Romania on Monday, January 04, 2016

Took a while until could get it in my hands and more time to journal it.
But finally I am reading...

Journal Entry 5 by wingULRKwing at București, Wallachia Romania on Saturday, March 12, 2016

About half way through the book I realised that I must have read one of the earlier parts of the series and that the book is actually part of a series.

Still it was a joyfull read and made me start looking out for more.

Journal Entry 6 by wingULRKwing at București, Wallachia Romania on Saturday, March 12, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (3/12/2016 UTC) at București, Wallachia Romania

Now on it's way to New Zealand in an envelope full of stamps

Journal Entry 7 by winggaboydwing at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Arrived today

Journal Entry 8 by winggaboydwing at Powell River, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, April 14, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (4/14/2016 UTC) at Powell River, British Columbia Canada

Released while at the Post Office

Journal Entry 9 by Brookler at Powell River, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Just received in the mail. Thanks very much. I have two other books of this series on my TBR: Book 2 and Book 5. And this one is Book 8. Oh my.