corner corner Harvesting the Heart

Harvesting the Heart
by Jodi Picoult | Literature & Fiction
Registered by daffodil-2 of Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on 9/18/2015

status (set by daffodil-2): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by daffodil-2 from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Friday, September 18, 2015

This book was bought from a farm shop in Lincolnshire- secondhand in aid of charity. I was on my way to Derbyshire with my husband and two friends to spend Christmas in a hotel.

From the back cover:-"Paige has only a few vivid memories of her mother, who abandoned her when she was five.
Now having left home and her father for dreams of art school and marriage to an ambitious young doctor Paige finds herself with a child of her own."

REVIEW: "I quite enjoyed this book which I found very emotional at times. I felt however that it was rather overlong and it also left some unanswered questions at the end.

The "hidden" characters in Paige's drawings that she was unaware of creating seemed a bit unlikely but they added a touch of mystery and otherworldliness to the story. All in all a good read, especially the "hospital and surgery" bits which I always enjoy."

Journal Entry 2 by daffodil-2 at Bench on the Quayside in Reedham, Norfolk United Kingdom on Sunday, September 27, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (9/27/2015 UTC) at Bench on the Quayside in Reedham, Norfolk United Kingdom

This book was left on top of a statue of a Boatwright on Reedham Staithe. It had gone when I went past again about half an hour later. It was a lovely sunny day.

To the finder:-

I already have books travelling in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, the Canary Islands, the Channel Islands, Croatia, the Falkland Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Holland, Indonesia, Madeira, Mauritius, New Zealand, Portugal, Scotland, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, the U.S.A, Wales and all over England.