corner corner Death Comes to Pemberley

Death Comes to Pemberley
by P.D. James | e-Books
Registered by wingrureadingwing of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 9/12/2015

status (set by Ashtoash): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingrureadingwing from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 12, 2015

P.D. James has written a mystery with the Austen characters that is believable and easily read compared to the original Austen novels. James captures the tone of the Austen novels with the character's personalities and dialogues and throws a mystery in for fun.
...
This book's journey continues by its finder's cooperation and creativity. By making a journal entry on this book, you can add to the book's story as it travels from reader to reader around the world. Read it, share it, and pass it on! Thanks!

Journal Entry 2 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 12, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (9/12/2015 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taken to the Calgary BC meetup today.

Journal Entry 3 by claws-12 at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, September 17, 2015

picked up at the Calgary September meeting

Journal Entry 4 by claws-12 at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, October 11, 2015

I admire the effort to stay true to the original author, but was it really necessary to duplicate the paragraph-long run-on sentences that the English writers of the period were soooo addicted to?

Journal Entry 5 by megami-no-ushi at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, November 16, 2015

Picked up at the November meeting. I've seen the miniseries already, so we'll see how they did!

Journal Entry 6 by megami-no-ushi at Cravings Market Restaurant in Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 09, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (1/9/2016 UTC) at Cravings Market Restaurant in Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking to the January meet up for the "Queens and Knights" theme - though I have included kings and earls and ladies and such in my reading of this theme! I saw the movie first but there were a couple of changes from the book that it was still surprising and quite enjoyable!

To the finder:

Journal Entry 7 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 09, 2016

Brought this home from the January meet up at Cravings.

Journal Entry 8 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, November 30, 2017

Do love these takeoffs. A nice mystery that you cuddle up and read.

Journal Entry 9 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, December 09, 2017

Released 9 mos ago (12/9/2017 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking to the December meet up at Cravings.

Journal Entry 10 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, December 28, 2017

Picked up at December get together

Journal Entry 11 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 14, 2018

Definitely was impressed that the author kept things in the appropriate writing style for Pride & Prejudice. Some interpretations I didn't quite agree with, but otherwise it was interesting as a whole. They repeated quite a bit before getting to the truth of the mystery. It was a bit of a shame that there wasn't a real investigation which lead to the truth coming up, but more of a bit of random luck that revealed the truth.

Thanks for the interesting read.

Journal Entry 12 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, July 15, 2018

Released 2 mos ago (7/14/2018 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taken to get together!

Journal Entry 13 by Ashtoash at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, July 17, 2018

To be read