corner corner Sweet Tea Revenge

Sweet Tea Revenge
by Laura Childs |
Registered by weeder of Worthington, Ohio USA on 9/5/2016

status (set by Chania): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by weeder from Worthington, Ohio USA on Monday, September 05, 2016

Theodosia Browning owner of a Charleston SC teashop may always be a bride maid, never a bride, but this groom is never going to make it to the altar...

Besides, a good Cozy Mystery Childs includes a variety of tea recipes and tips on hosting a tea of your own. A tea lover's gold mine in the back of the book includes a list of publications about tea. American tea plantations, tea Websites and interesting blogs. In addition is also a list of purveyors of fine teas along with their websites. Another rather unusual section is information and suggestions about visiting Charleston.

Journal Entry 2 by kirjakko at Sipoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, September 26, 2016

Thank you for this pile of Tea Shop Mysteries, weeder! I feel really spoiled - what a lovely start for the week.

I tend to buy tea on my travels and so far my favourite Tea Country is France. They were a bit slow to take tea seriously, but when they did, they do it with the same precicion as wine-making. There is a lovely Tea Shop in Paris where the personnel (all male) is dressed in black suits and they have white gloves on as well...
The best rooibus I've found is from Stockholm, Sweden. Luckily it is not that far to fetch.

Journal Entry 3 by kirjakko at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, October 03, 2016

I'm making more than mental notes that I've tagged Chania with this book, so it should be read in near future.

Pic: This tea tin is over 100 years old and a similar one in much worse condition is on sale on eBay for 40$. It's from a now extinct British tea company called Mazawat.

Journal Entry 4 by kirjakko at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, March 13, 2017

Gaa, I've completely forgotten to read this, but luckily in a week's time a courier from the north arrives and I can get the book going - having read it first.

Pic: This travel samovar used to belong to Elias Lönnrot and resides now on top of a kitchen cupboard in London Town! No kidding.

Journal Entry 5 by kirjakko at Sipoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, March 19, 2017

Finished! Good plotting to the very end. I did have my suspicions up here and there, but still it was a surprise. And I do love the Indigo Tea Shop, pity it is on a different continent...
Funnily enough, St. Martin's-in-the-Fields church was mentioned in the book and I've heard so much about the past few years as the owner of Lönnrot's samovar is a frequent visitor there. Her nearest church is full of too fine people, so even at the age of 92 she prefers to travel across London to be with the less-fortunate ones as St. Martin was a patriot of travellers and homeless people and the church does a lot of voluntary work sheltering homeless people of the area at night time and trying to get them back on their tracks. And rumour has it they have very good concerts there as well.

Pic: Some Czech teapots.

Journal Entry 6 by kirjakko at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, March 19, 2017

Released 5 mos ago (3/20/2017 UTC) at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Off to Annelis tomorrow to be taken to Taavina-meet-up where I can't go. Taavina has promised to take books to Chania, but that might take a while. On the other hand,I noticed that the book is also on Annelis's wishlist, so it may just be that the mule eats from load and sends the book to Chania having read it first...

Journal Entry 7 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Well, I decided to eat from the load. Thank you very much! Charleston is perhaps the only place I would like to visit in the USA (and Niagara falls perhaps).

Journal Entry 8 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, April 26, 2017

The book was again so nice that I really would like to visit Charleston!
All I can do is to drink some more tea to comfort me.
Off to the next reader!
I was hoping to visit a BC meet-up in Kokkola last Saturday, but my daughter went to hospital to give birth to my second grandchild and I had to take care of the first one. So I must trust the Post which is not very reliable anymore.

Journal Entry 9 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, May 03, 2017

Released 3 mos ago (5/3/2017 UTC) at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Posti vie perille jos muistaa. Ruohonleikkuu ei ainakaan vielä estä.
Lukuiloa!

Happy reading, Chania!

Aakkoshaaste S

Book #54 in the 2017 Keep Them Moving -challence by Booklady331

Journal Entry 10 by wingChaniawing at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Saturday, May 06, 2017

Thank you Annelis and Kirjakko! And Annelis, congratulations, a little grandson!!