corner corner Going Solo

Make the world a library.

Going Solo
by Roald Dahl | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by winggrubsneergwing of Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on 11/29/2015

status (set by grubsneerg): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winggrubsneergwing from Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, November 29, 2015

Picked up at the Newman Used Book Sale, Indiana, Pa., September 2015.

Journal Entry 2 by winggrubsneergwing at Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, September 10, 2016

What a life! The adventures continue in this memoir that picks up where "Boy" left off, with Roald Dahl on his way to Africa working for the Shell Corporation. I love the way he tells his life stories. He paints such clear pictures that I felt I was with him every step of his journey from the moment he steps on the SS Mantola in the Port of London to the moment three years later when he steps off the bus in Grendon Underwood and into his mother's waiting arms.

Journal Entry 3 by winggrubsneergwing at Little Free Library #1670, Twin Lakes Expansion in Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (9/13/2016 UTC) at Little Free Library #1670, Twin Lakes Expansion in Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA

Left in the Little Free Library in celebration of Roald Dahl's 100th birthday! Happy Roald Dahl Day!

Congratulations--you caught a book!

Take your time reading the book, and after you finish, please make a journal entry to record your thoughts about it. This book is now yours, and you can keep it if you choose, though we would love for you to share it. If you pass it along, please make a release note to let others know where you left it.