corner corner The Boxcar Children

The Boxcar Children
by Gertrude Warner | Children's Books
Registered by eastbaybookmisr of Oakland, California USA on 9/2/2015

status (set by eastbaybookmisr): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by eastbaybookmisr from Oakland, California USA on Wednesday, September 02, 2015

2000s Albert Whitman trade paperback of the 1942 tale, illustrated by L. Kate Deal. I found this copy some weeks ago in the free books box on the porch of Dimond Library. This copy is in poor shape, with torn covers and water stains.

Edit April 16, 2018: This was a near-perfect little tale, very easy to read and with great pacing and character development. The only thing really odd is the lack of a clear explanation about why they began their adventure so completely estranged from their grandfather to begin with. It seems to be missing a key ingredient of motivation, but of course it conveniently got the plot line rolling, so maybe it was enough. I currently have this ranked at #926 on my ranked list of best-read books lately.

Journal Entry 2 by eastbaybookmisr at Little Free Library at 36 Glen Avenue in Oakland, California USA on Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (4/17/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library at 36 Glen Avenue in Oakland, California USA

... in the box.