corner corner Critical Conditions: An Alan Gregory Thriller

Critical Conditions: An Alan Gregory Thriller
by Stephen White | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingeponine38wing of Winchester, Massachusetts USA on 8/21/2015

status (set by quietorchid): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingeponine38wing from Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Friday, August 21, 2015

Read a few months ago and should have reviewed it back then. I forget details so quickly.

I remember feeling so frustrated and wondering if Merritt would ever talk. She has made an unsuccessful suicide attempt and we don't know whether it was because of her younger sister's serious illness, a reaction to having possibly killed an HMO executive, or something else. It was a real page-turner. As with many medical thrillers (a genre I have come to love), there is an HMO that doesn't want to pay for a life-saving treatment. Sounds familiar - I've recently experienced something similar in my own family. Shameful.

Highly recommend the book!

Amazon:
From New York Times bestselling author Stephen White comes the sixth suspense thriller featuring psychologist Dr. Alan Gregory.Summoned to the hospital to learn the motives behind a teenage girl's suicide attempt, Alan discovers that the girl's young stepsister lies near death in another hospital with a heart disease. Denied an experimental new treatment that could save her life by her parent's managed-care provider, the stepsister has become a symbol of a health care system more concerned with costs than with the lives of its patients. And when a wealthy executive of the family's HMO is found dead, Alan and Denver detective Sam Purdy uncover the truth that links the teenage girl to his death, and the truth behind a family willing to kill in the name of love...and revenge.

Journal Entry 2 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, August 22, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (8/22/2015 UTC) at Winchester, Massachusetts USA

Traveling in quietorchid's Medicine Chest V Bookbox. Hope someone will enjoy it!

Journal Entry 3 by quietorchid at Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Thursday, October 15, 2015

Came back in the Medicine Chest V. Looks interesting. Great homemade label!

Good read. This is a child psychologist who happens to be friends with a cop. Having said that, the plot is tight, the ethics are good, and the writing is taut. I'll look for this author again.

Journal Entry 4 by quietorchid at Little Free Library -Dale (#0710) in Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Sunday, October 18, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (10/18/2015 UTC) at Little Free Library -Dale (#0710) in Saint Paul, Minnesota USA

Left on the shelf.
A 2015 Spook-tacular Halloween Challenge release.

Welcome to Bookcrossing, where Books roam freely! I hope you enjoy the book, and leave a journal entry so I can see where the book ended up. You can remain anonymous if you'd like, or join and follow the book's travels throughout the world. The site is free, secure, and non-spamming. Take a look around, and then go read!