corner corner The Dante Club

by Matthew Pearl | Literature & Fiction
Registered by LeighBCD on 2/13/2004

status (set by Libby2): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by LeighBCD on Friday, February 13, 2004

I bought this on Amazon... this novel has been taunting me ever since I first saw it in a bookshop. I hope I will like it.

Journal Entry 2 by LeighBCD on Wednesday, March 03, 2004

This book is reserved for libby2 in trade for Moo by Jane Smiley.

Journal Entry 3 by LeighBCD on Friday, March 26, 2004

Unfortunately I found this novel very difficult to get into. The problem lies in that I am not very familar with the main characters - who are all eminent 19th century Americans - nor with Dante's Inferno. Other bookcrossers who have read this book have enjoyed it more than I so I will not write it off totally! I read until about half way then decided to stop... I have so many books in the TBR pile, I am going to exercise my reader's right to stop reading when I feel I have had enough!

I will send this on to libby2 once I have her address details.

Journal Entry 4 by LeighBCD at to libby2 in Omaha, Nebraska -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, April 15, 2004

Released on Thursday, April 15, 2004 at to libby2 in Omaha, Nebraska Controlled Releases.

At last... sorry it has taken so long for me to send this to you. I hope you enjoy the book and thanks again for the trade!

Journal Entry 5 by Libby2 from Omaha, Nebraska USA on Friday, April 30, 2004

It's here - it's really here. Actually it arrived within a week of mailing (must have been airmail). Took a while to journal - BCID was missing. Of course LeighBCD promptly pm'd with it, then I promptly left it in the message, went out-of-town on a trip and forgot to do a journal entry until she gently nudged me to do so.... How the mind begins to slip! A HUGE thanks to LeighBCD for sending this on to me. I have high hopes for it - hope I like it better than you did. I will journal again after reading.