corner corner The Bridge to Nowhere

The Bridge to Nowhere
by Megan McDonald | Children's Books
Registered by grubsneerg of Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on 7/30/2015

status (set by grubsneerg): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by grubsneerg from Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, July 30, 2015

Picked up at Goodwill in Latrobe, Pa., July 2015.

This copy is signed "Megan McDonald 1993" on the title page. Megan McDonald, who is a local, went on to write the Judy Moody books!

Journal Entry 2 by grubsneerg at Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, September 05, 2016

A lot of interesting things in this book for me. First, the setting. I love reading books that are set in places I live or have visited. Second, that awkward and confusing yet exhilarating time in life when you realize that there are other people in the world besides yourself and that your parents and siblings and friends have thoughts and feelings not unlike your own and you take your first steps of independence toward discovering who you really are. Third, the history, which ties in with the setting in this case. There really was a Bridge to Nowhere for six years in the 1960s that is now a bridge I have crossed innumerable times, never knowing or thinking about its history. I may never cross it again without thinking of it.

Journal Entry 3 by grubsneerg at Maddads Mini Library (Wilkinsburg) in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, December 17, 2017

Released 7 mos ago (12/17/2017 UTC) at Maddads Mini Library (Wilkinsburg) in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA

Left in Maddads Mini Library around 8:30 a.m.

Congratulations--you caught a book!

Take your time reading the book, and after you finish, please make a journal entry to record your thoughts about it. This book is now yours, and you can keep it if you choose, though we would love for you to share it. If you pass it along, please make a release note to let others know where you left it.