corner corner The Bridge to Nowhere

The Bridge to Nowhere
by Megan McDonald | Children's Books
Registered by winggrubsneergwing of Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on 7/30/2015

status (set by grubsneerg): available

Journal Entry 1 by winggrubsneergwing from Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, July 30, 2015

Picked up at Goodwill in Latrobe, Pa., July 2015.

This copy is signed "Megan McDonald 1993" on the title page. Megan McDonald, who is a local, went on to write the Judy Moody books!

Journal Entry 2 by winggrubsneergwing at Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, September 05, 2016

A lot of interesting things in this book for me. First, the setting. I love reading books that are set in places I live or have visited. Second, that awkward and confusing yet exhilarating time in life when you realize that there are other people in the world besides yourself and that your parents and siblings and friends have thoughts and feelings not unlike your own and you take your first steps of independence toward discovering who you really are. Third, the history, which ties in with the setting in this case. There really was a Bridge to Nowhere for six years in the 1960s that is now a bridge I have crossed innumerable times, never knowing or thinking about its history. I may never cross it again without thinking of it.