corner corner The Monet Murders (Murders by Design)

The Monet Murders (Murders by Design)
by JEAN HARRINGTON | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingeponine38wing of Winchester, Massachusetts USA on 7/6/2015

status (set by eponine38): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingeponine38wing from Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Monday, July 06, 2015

Amazon:
Picture Perfect Murder Interior Decorator Deva Dunne never dreamed she'd see a Monet hanging on someone's dining room wall. Then she snags a client with two Monet seascapes. Her thrill lasts until she finds one of the paintings missing, cut from its frame, and the cook shot dead. Rough-around-the-edges but gorgeous-all-around police lieutenant Victor Rossi insists Deva leave the sleuthing to the police. But what could it hurt to come up with a list of suspects that doesn't include her? Like the owners of the Monet-a rich man and his trophy wife-and their frequent guests. Even the cook's husband is suspect. Then Deva finds another victim, clutching a very strange set of clues. Desperate to save her business amid the negative publicity, Deva helps Rossi investigate. And when he needs advice decorating his bedroom, she just might find a client for life...unless a killer gets to her first.

Journal Entry 2 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Fun read - a bit formulaic. I'm starting to notice a pattern in the cozy mystery genre: our sleuth/heroine is always torn between two men, one of whom is usually the detective investigating the crime :-). But I haven't tired of this kind of mystery; not by a long shot. I find them very de-stressing and escapist.

Journal Entry 3 by wingeponine38wing at little Free Library, 135 Randlett Park (W. Newton) in Newton, Massachusetts USA on Friday, July 31, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (7/31/2015 UTC) at little Free Library, 135 Randlett Park (W. Newton) in Newton, Massachusetts USA

Hope it will find a new reader!

Released for July 2015 Ultimate challenge hosted by jumpingin. This month's theme is two words with same first or last letter, or a single word with the same first and last letter.

DEAR FINDER,

Welcome to BookCrossing!

I hope you enjoy the book!