corner corner Sad Monsters: Growling on the Outside, Crying on the Inside

of his ego,
he tells tall tales.

Journal Entry 2 by HI77 at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Friday, August 14, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (8/14/2015 UTC) at Fort Myers, Florida USA

The book has brushed its fur smooth before trudging off into the Tag Game! :)

So... here's your surprise! :D

I'm pretty sure you're going to have fun with this one! Being that you love monsters, how could a funny satire full of them go wrong?

I'm sure this one would have been on your list, if only you knew it exist! So here I come to save you from not knowing! ;)

Journal Entry 3 by winglinguistkriswing at Solingen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, September 19, 2015

Oh. My. Goodness. This is SO VERY cute. Best surprise ever!!!!

Just the five pages I've read on the way from the letterbox to the computer are enough to melt my heart into a monster-loving puddle of goo.

Do not read this book if you have recently experienced monster-related heartbreak [...]
If you are reading this and you are a sad monster, put down this book and seek help immediately.

Err, help? :)

Journal Entry 4 by winglinguistkriswing at Solingen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, September 19, 2015

I cannot stop squeeing over how sweet this book is.

I think currently I feel most for (like? :p) the claw-footed bathtub who hasn't succeeded in eating any bathers in years. (Who knew they counted as monsters even?)

But the best bit so far must be the racist Bigfoot:
Some of my best friends are Chupacabras, but [...]

Don't fool yourself -- no matter what the legends say, those [leprechauns] got that gold by stealing it. Besides, we Bigfoots would have plenty of gold, too, if the golems didn't control the banks.

So the laughter may have died in my throat, but I'll never look at bigfoots the same again... and maybe there is a whole different reason those "foreigner"-hating skinheads need to shave their heads and wear those ridiculously big boots...?

Journal Entry 5 by winglinguistkriswing at Solingen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, October 11, 2015

I really, really enjoyed this book, but it looks like I accidentally(?) read the best bits first. There were a few so-so pieces, a lot of good ones, but nothing I loved quite as much as the sad bathtub and the racist bigfoot.

With a lot of the pieces, I liked the idea better than the execution; sometimes, I felt they were just a tiny little tad too clever for their own good (e.g. Partisan Jeckyll & Hyde, Hell of the Market), and some just streched a single joke or pun longer than it was good for (Mer-People; almost all the ones involving ill-fated relationships).
I would have totally loved the gay-Victor-Frankenstein-marries-his-creature one, but there is totally no way Frankenstein would make the dumb mistake of referring to the creature as "my Frankenstein" now, would he?
Edit to add: XKCD's Frankenstein :D

So yeah, this holds quite a few good laughs (and also grins, smirks and guffaws) for monster lovers, but I'm surprising myself by not finding it as impossible to part with this book as I had first thought I might. :)

Journal Entry 6 by winglinguistkriswing at Sweepstakes, by mail -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, October 11, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (10/11/2015 UTC) at Sweepstakes, by mail -- Controlled Releases

Toothy monsters for the winner of the Dentist's Nightmare Sweepstakes (including some dentist's-nightmare-inducing sweets :D))!!

Journal Entry 7 by Abi-Gibby at Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on Friday, October 16, 2015

Recived this today as part of the dentists nightmare sweeps. Decoy or winner that is the question. Thanks for the sweets aswell

Journal Entry 8 by Abi-Gibby at Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on Sunday, March 05, 2017

This was a very sweet book, and somewhat rather amusing lots of giggles happend and a few odd looks from other people but what ever really it had lots of funny bits in it.

I really enjoyed reading this book, very well

Journal Entry 9 by Abi-Gibby at Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on Monday, April 03, 2017

Released 6 mos ago (3/31/2017 UTC) at Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom

I sent this book off to my partner in the Easter exchange with some other Easter goodies

Congratulations, you have picked up a travelling book!
Happy reading!

Not sure what to do? Follow these steps!

2) Make a journal entry on this book to let us know how you found it!

***Please Note***
to place on their shelves and discard the rest-so another bad release option.

Journal Entry 10 by toothfairy25 at Luncarty, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Received in a very exciting package for the 2017 Easter Exchange! Thank you!

Journal Entry 11 by toothfairy25 at 13th Note OBCZ (on King Street) in Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, October 06, 2017

Released 1 wk ago (10/6/2017 UTC) at 13th Note OBCZ (on King Street) in Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom

Hello!
If this is your introduction to Bookcrossing, welcome, and congratulations on finding this book! Enjoy reading the book - I hope you will let us know what you thought. It is now yours to do with as you wish - keep it, pass it on, but please leave the label, so it can keep in touch with us. If you would like to know what happens to the book after it has left you, then do join - it's private and it's fun!
And if you do choose to join, please consider using me, Toothfairy25, as your referring member.
Happy Book-crossing, and happy travels, little book!