corner corner Side Jobs: Stories from the Dresden Files

Side Jobs: Stories from the Dresden Files
by Jim Butcher | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by Kemppu of Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on 6/17/2015

status (set by Kemppu): permanent collection

Journal Entry 1 by Kemppu from Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Wednesday, June 17, 2015

The book includes ten short stories and a novella about Harry Dresden, the Wizard P.I. in Chicago, each with an introduction by the author Jim Butcher. I've liked the Dresden Files series immensely, so I had to read this collection too. And I liked it. Many of the stories are told in the point of view of some of Harry's friends or tell more about them in other ways, which is interesting. My favourite is probably the story called Day Off, because it's just plain fun. I also really like the novella Aftermath, which is situated after the Dresden Files novel Changes and its dramatic turns of events.

I bought the book at the store called Forbidden Planet in London.

Reserved for myntti.

Journal Entry 2 by wingmynttiwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Monday, July 20, 2015

Thanks! It might take some time before I get around to reading this...

Journal Entry 3 by wingmynttiwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Wednesday, January 20, 2016

I'm not sure if I can pick a favourite, but it was interesting to read a couple of stories from different POVs than Dresden's for a change. I actually liked the last one from Karrin's POV quite a bit. Oh and It's my birthday, too was fun. I mean, the idea of Thomas larping and pretending to be a vampire. Hee-hee.

Thanks, Kemppu! I'll return the book at the Bookcrossing meet-up tonight.

Journal Entry 4 by Kemppu at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Wednesday, January 20, 2016

The book is at home again. I'm not sure if I'll keep it forever and ever, but it'll stay with me for now.