corner corner Betsy-Tacy and Tib - BOOKRAY!

Betsy-Tacy and Tib - BOOKRAY!
by Maud Hart Lovelace | Children's Books
Registered by grover3d of Charleston, West Virginia USA on Friday, February 20, 2004

status (set by silverstarry): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by grover3d from Charleston, West Virginia USA on Friday, February 20, 2004

I am running a bookray with the entire Betsy-Tacy series. This is book 2. The original book 2 is stuck with Ardy right now, and I didn't want the ray to be held up for too long, so this copy is headed out.

The Betsy-Tacy books are my favorite series books of all time, and are perfect for anyone (especially girls) ages 8 and up.

****For routing list please check my bookshelf page and for US to US addresses please use Delivery Confirmation and post number in your journal entry!****

DC# - 0302 0980 0001 2032 9205

Journal Entry 2 by sejent from Louisville, Kentucky USA on Monday, March 01, 2004

Received in today's mail...will start reading soon and will journal again when I'm done.

Journal Entry 3 by sejent from Louisville, Kentucky USA on Tuesday, April 06, 2004

I love these books! Bringing back old memories. I can't wait to read the rest.

kayters wants to be skipped (she has already read this one), so I am sending to Rampallion in Evanston, IL.

Journal Entry 4 by rampallion from Evanston, Illinois USA on Saturday, April 10, 2004

This arrived today, and I started reading it tonight. Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 5 by rampallion from Evanston, Illinois USA on Monday, April 12, 2004

A wonderful edition to the series. I enjoyed Tib's forthrightness, maybe because I was that way myself. Oh, all right, I still am. :-)

I felt sad when I read the part about the dad saying that the son would be an architect and the daughter would be "a little housewife." When I think about all the women who could have been architects or doctors who were told that they couldn't be. . . .

The part about Everything Pudding was hilarious. And I loved that Aunt Dolly was so vain and silly.

Both JesseBC and CrownHCowgirl have asked to be skipped, so I am waiting to hear from spaceystacey.

Thanks again for sharing this series!

Journal Entry 6 by rampallion at Controlled Release in Controlled release, to another bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Monday, May 03, 2004

Released on Monday, May 03, 2004 at Controlled Release in Controlled release, to another bookcrosser Controlled Releases.

Sent today to spaceystacey via mediamail. USPS delivery confirmation number 0303 3430 0001 1717 5976

Journal Entry 7 by spaceystacey from Bridgeton, New Jersey USA on Saturday, May 08, 2004

Received in the mail yesterday. Love these books. What great friendships!

Journal Entry 8 by nikel27 from Ginsheim-Gustavsburg, Hessen Germany on Wednesday, June 16, 2004

arrived at my mailbox, thanks for letting me join this BookRay, I love to read children books.

update:
What a great children book, now I look forward to read the rest in this series.
When I was a child I loved to read books like this one my favourite was "Nesthäckchen"

I already have the address from the next member, will pass along on Monday (28th of June)

Journal Entry 9 by nikel27 at Post Office in BookRay, Ginsheim -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, June 24, 2004

Release planned for Monday, June 28, 2004 at Post Office in BookRay, Ginsheim Controlled Releases.

Goes to the next member,Enjoy the book as I did

Journal Entry 10 by surfenkitten from Audubon, New Jersey USA on Friday, September 24, 2004

liked this one too. what fun adventures! my favorite part was the "Mirror Palace"--loved the description of all the Victorian decor! and the part about the secret clubs--my friends & i had some of those too. i got all nostalgic & found myself again wishing for simpler times....

can't wait to read the next in the series! passing on to sweetpea0678!

p.s. nikel--i LOVED Lisa and Lottie growing up, by Erich Kaestner. wasn't until i took german in high school that i realized it was a German story! and not until just a few years ago that i realized the wildly popular american "Parent Trap" movies were based on it! i can't remember the German name of it--Die Doppeln Maedchen?

Journal Entry 11 by sweetpea0678 from St. Petersburg, Florida USA on Tuesday, December 21, 2004

arrived safe and sound

Journal Entry 12 by sweetpea0678 at Book Ring in Bookring, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Released 9 yrs ago (2/22/2005 UTC) at Book Ring in Bookring, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases

bookring

Journal Entry 13 by lyssrose from Austin, Texas USA on Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Just arrived today! Will read and send it along to continue its journey.

Journal Entry 14 by lyssrose from Austin, Texas USA on Monday, May 02, 2005

Now I'm really starting to wish I had read these books as a child! Thank you so much, Grover3d, for starting this ray! :)

Since I'm at the end of the "offical" ray, I listed the ray in the forums, and will be sending this out next to silverstarry

Journal Entry 15 by lyssrose at n/a in Bookray, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Released 9 yrs ago (5/3/2005 UTC) at n/a in Bookray, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases

Mailed off to Silverstarry - hope you enjoy! :)

Journal Entry 16 by silverstarry from Berkeley, California USA on Monday, May 09, 2005

Just received this today - can't wait to read it!

Journal Entry 17 by silverstarry from Berkeley, California USA on Sunday, May 29, 2005

In today's age of super ultra premium extreme marketing, it seems almost insulting to describe these books as nice and sweet, but they really are! The Everything Pudding story was hilarious. My sister and I made a similar recipe that we called Witches' Brew that tasted as awful as you might think. I also really liked the Mirror Palace story. My sister and I would do headstands and pretend that we were walking on the sloped ceiling.

Thank you so much to grover3d and lyssrose for sharing this series!