corner corner The Killing Game

The Killing Game
by Iris Johansen | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by sharalsbooks of Mesa, Arizona USA on Monday, February 09, 2004

status (set by sharalsbooks): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by sharalsbooks from Mesa, Arizona USA on Monday, February 09, 2004

The killer knew Eve Duncan all too well. He knew the pain she felt for her murdered daughter, Bonnie, whose body was never found. He knew that as one of the nation's top forensic sculptors she would insist on identifying nine skeletons unearthed on a bluff near Georgia's Talladega Falls. And he knew that she wouldn't be able to resist the temptation of believing that one of those skeletons -- the one belonging to a young girl -- might be Bonnie's.

But that is only the beginning of the killer's sadistic game. Soon the calls begin to come. Sly, insinuating, chilling. Whoever is on the other end of the line is watching. He sees every move Eve makes. He savors her pain. He could strike at any time. But that's not what he wants -- not yet.

In a heartbeat, Eve's world is turned upside down. Not even the two tough, powerful, and relentless men who would do anything to keep Eve safe can help her.

Now Eve Duncan must match wits with the most dangerous of psychopaths.

Journal Entry 2 by sharalsbooks at Gilbert, Arizona USA on Wednesday, October 19, 2011

This book will be going to the used book store to make room on Mount TBR. Though this book will be long gone, I was able to acquire an electronic copy of this book to read on my Nook. I will update this space with my review after I've read it.