corner corner The Color Purple

The Color Purple
by Alice Walker | Literature & Fiction
Registered by WillowGirl of Willow Springs, Missouri USA on Sunday, February 08, 2004

status (set by Hadirah): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by WillowGirl from Willow Springs, Missouri USA on Sunday, February 08, 2004

I already have my own copy of this book. In fact I may even have more than one copy. But when I saw this in a rummage sale on Saturday, I had to pick it up. I'm glad i did, because there are at least 5 BookCrossers who are wishing for it. I will make sure someone gets it! The cover shown is different than the cover I'm releasing. I actually like this cover much better. It is the purple cover that shows Celie in a rocking chair beside a lace curtained window in the sunset. This is probably one of the most beautiful and recognisable book covers I have ever seen. Too bad Amazon no longer provides this picture.

Journal Entry 2 by WillowGirl at Schnucks in De Soto, Missouri USA on Sunday, January 30, 2005

Released 9 yrs ago (1/29/2005 UTC) at Schnucks in De Soto, Missouri USA

Placed in a Book Bag on the bench at the entrance. Released with 2 other titles, I think this book is the anchor for the other two. I think if someone picks any of these up, it will be because this one is in the bag. I hope the finder enjoys it, and I certainly hope nobody locks this away in lost and found or considers it trash.

Journal Entry 3 by Jay-Me from Herculaneum, Missouri USA on Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I found this at the library used book sale.

CAUGHT IN DESOTO MISSOURI UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Journal Entry 4 by Hadirah from Belleville, Illinois USA on Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I am glad to find this book too, on my teachers shelf in the classroom. It looks like a really good book! I will try to read it for AR points.

Journal Entry 5 by Hadirah at YMCA in Belleville, Illinois USA on Monday, July 14, 2008

Released 6 yrs ago (7/1/2008 UTC) at YMCA in Belleville, Illinois USA

Donated to the Greater St. Louis Area bookfair. It sat on my PBS bookshelf for 1 month. No takers so it gets released. Happy trails li'l book!