corner corner Children of Redress (DVD)

Children of Redress (DVD)
by Greg Masuda. | Reference
Registered by RJCC of Regina, Saskatchewan Canada on 4/21/2015

status (set by RJCC): permanent collection

Journal Entry 1 by RJCC from Regina, Saskatchewan Canada on Tuesday, April 21, 2015

In 1942 the Canadian government ordered the uprooting of 22,000 men, women and children. Forced into internment camps, Japanese Canadians lost not only their homes, businesses and personal belongings, but their sense of dignity and well-being. An generation later, they fought back - and won. Through rarely seen archival footage and interviews with members of the Redress Movement including Roy Miki, Art Miki, Cassandra Kobayashi, Audrey Kobayashi, Maryka Omatsu, as well as Joy Kogawa, Vancouver-based filmmaker Greg Masuda tells the story of the forced internment and subsequent struggle for justice. The film asks what Redress means to today's generation, and encourages us all to stand up for what is right.

Journal Entry 2 by RJCC at Regina, Saskatchewan Canada on Tuesday, April 21, 2015

The Regina Japanese Canadian Club Inc. (RJCC) is an organization that promotes the cultural and social well-being of the Japanese Community in the Regina area. RJCC organizes a variety of activities in to support the continuance of Japanese heritage and culture of its members. Please visit us at www.rjcc.ca to learn about our club.

We maintain a small collection of resources for those interested in Japanese culture and Japanese Canadian history. Thank you for borrowing one of the books from our permanent collection. We invite you to share your experience with the book in a journal entry (either anonymously or as a BookCrossing member). All previous readers of this book will be notified by e-mail and can follow this book on its travels. BookCrossing is free to join, completely confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your email address) and it's a whole lot of fun!

If you are done with the film, please contact us at rjcc.info@gmail.com in order to return it for someone else to enjoy.