corner corner Bones in the Belfry (Francis Oughterard 2)

Bones in the Belfry (Francis Oughterard 2)
by Suzette Hill | Humor
Registered by purple-pixie of Nuneaton, Warwickshire United Kingdom on 4/13/2015

status (set by AnonymousFinder): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by purple-pixie from Nuneaton, Warwickshire United Kingdom on Monday, April 13, 2015

Having extracted himself from the embarrassment of murdering his lady parishioner, the Reverend Francis Oughterard is now plunged into the traumas of art theft.

A very funny crime farce told from the point of view of the Reverend's cat and dog.

Journal Entry 2 by purple-pixie at Nuneaton, Warwickshire United Kingdom on Monday, April 13, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (4/13/2015 UTC) at Nuneaton, Warwickshire United Kingdom

Adding to happyharrybabe's bookbox.

Journal Entry 3 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Taken from HappyHarryBabes's Random bookbox....cover says it's quirky & I like quirky! :-)

Journal Entry 4 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Hmm... a strange little tale in deed & I'm not really sure what to make of it. It's a sort of cosy mystery-come-farce with the story told in turn by the vicar, his dog & his cat & I couldn't decide whether the format really worked or not. The animals input at times was mildly amusing in a quirky way although the characters weren't very original (a supercilious cat & a less than bright mutt) but at other times seemed a bit pointless. That said if there was solely the vicars tale then the story would have been a bit flat as there didn't really seem to be much of a story to it at all!

Maybe it would have helped to have read the first in the series. While I don't think I'd read any of the following books I would be quite interested in reading the first as I am itching to know how a vicar come to strangle one of his parishioners...never mind getting away with it! :o)

Journal Entry 5 by wingPlum-crazywing at coastal path in Garlieston, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, November 22, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (11/22/2015 UTC) at coastal path in Garlieston, Scotland United Kingdom

Hung on a tree on the coastal path - just after the first gate & signpost to Portyerrock

Released as part of the NOVEMBER "THE" CHALLENGE (#21)

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

Congratulations - You've found a travelling book !

Enjoy your book!

(If you decide to join Bookcrossing, please consider putting me,
Plum-crazy, as your referring member - thanks!)

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Somewhere on the coast., -- Wild Released somewhere in UK -- United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 08, 2016

Many thanks for leaving this book in such a beautiful spot. On a tree on the coast near Wigtown. Made us smile, especially as my husband is a vicar and the book is about a dodgey Reverend.
I am going to read it on the way down to London tomorrow. We are on our way to walk the Camino de Santiago and plan to leave the book somewhere near the British Library.