corner corner The Little Stranger

The Little Stranger
by Sarah Waters | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 4/26/2015

status (set by bearle): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, April 26, 2015

I'm never sure what I'm going to make of a Sarah Waters novel. I loved "Affinity" & "Fingersmith" but loathed "Tipping the Velvet" (& am a bit indifferent to "The Night Watch"!) This one however, I liked - a ghost story in the style of "The Woman in Black" but more enjoyable IMHO. It's a long book to say nothing much really happens but I didn't find the tale dragging, indeed it kept me entertained throughout.

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at RNLI Shop in Port Patrick, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, May 01, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (5/1/2015 UTC) at RNLI Shop in Port Patrick, Scotland United Kingdom

If you're reading this then you've found a travelling book!

The point of releasing book into the "wild" is that they are a free gift from the bookcrosser to the finder.However, in this case, the book was given as a donation to
the RNLI Charity Shop
so you will have had to pay for it. Thank you for purchasing it & contributing to the RNLI.
I hope you enjoy reading it & when you've read it, why not do an entry to tell us hwat you thought of it & to say where it's going next.Then all it's readers, past & present, will be able to follow it's travels.

(If you decide to join in the fun at bookcrossing, please consider putting me, Plum-crazy as your referring member.....help spread the words!)

Journal Entry 3 by bearle at Port Patrick, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, May 24, 2015

I haven't read it yet!! Only got it today but I'll take it with me on holiday in the next few weeks and leave it in the accommodation

Journal Entry 4 by bearle at Burns Street in Dumfries, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, June 20, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (6/21/2015 UTC) at Burns Street in Dumfries, Scotland United Kingdom

On a garden wall, almost directly opposite Burns House